Hot Student Stories

Will CT garnish your wages if you marry someone who owes back child support?

Timothy Norman

in Student Loans

1 answer

1 answer

Victoria Fowler on November 6, 2018

Not directly. However, if you combine your money in any way, the state can take for the child support. For example, if you get a joint bank account, or even add your name to your bank account, the state can take the money out of that account. If you file a joint tax return and get a refund, the state can take money out of your refund. The custodial parent may also be able to have the amount of child support increased based on his new "home" of income, which includes the salary you earn.

Add you answer