Hot Student Stories

Which grants for adults can I apply for to fund my Oxford Continuing Education?

After hearing about continuing education, I always ask myself, “What is continuing education?” Recently, I’ve got to know about CE, and I must admit it is a spark in my life. Finally, I am able to go back to school, to the prestigious Oxford Continuing Education. However, I’m in need of financial aid. Therefore, I would like information on grants for continuing education.

Naomi Doyle

in Higher Education

1 answer

1 answer

Victoria Fowler on May 9, 2018

Going back to school can be very expensive. A grant for continuing education is a very viable option to fund your adult education since you do not have to pay it back. This grant will save you from taking a large student loan that is often difficult to repay.

The US government requires that you fill a FAFSA to get federal work-study programs, loans, and grants. Here are some of the federal government grants that you can access as a non-traditional student:

  • Federal Pell Grant

The Pell Grant is perfect for you if you are seeking to enroll in an undergraduate course. To get this grant, you should demonstrate that you are in financial need.

Many factors determine the amount of the grant you receive, i.e., cost of attending Continuing education at Oxford, the extent of your need and the mode of attending your course (full-time or part-time).

This grant can offer you up to $5,815 each year to fund your education costs.

  • FSEO Grant (Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity)

If you demonstrate that you are in need of financial aid to support your education, you are eligible for this grant.

This award is another awesome source of educational funding since you do not have to repay it. However, this grant will only be available to you if you attend a participating educational institution.

Several factors determine the amount you receive such as the school you attend, your financial capability, etc. Typical grant amounts range from $100 to $4,000 each year.

To increase your chances of getting an FSEO grant, apply early for it.

  • Federal TEACH Grant

To qualify for this grant, you should be an undergraduate, postgraduate and graduate non-traditional student who would like to pursue a degree in the field of educational administration and teaching.

To get a grant of as much as $4000, you should demonstrate that you are ready to teach in a low-income educational institution for a minimum of four years.

If you fail to meet your service condition, the government steps in and converts your federal grant to a student loan which you have to repay. Therefore, before applying for this grant, ensure that you are willing to meet the teaching requirement.

Continuing education is what has made many professionals climb the cooperate ladder. Most of them have applied for scholarships in addition to their federal grants. Find scholarships on and FastWeb. 

Add you answer