Hot Student Stories

What type of education is required for chemistry teachers?

Deborah Edwards

in Higher Education

1 answer
1 view

1 answer

Nicholas Rivera on August 30, 2018

To teach in the public school system in the united States in the pre-K through high school levels, you must have a bachelor's degree in a teacher education program from a regional, accredited college or university and state teacher certification. This will take approximately four years to complete as a full-time student, provided you take the program as prescribed by the college or university. People who already have at least a bachelor's degree, but not in an education program, can obtain certification to teach specific courses through the Alternative route Program in the state in which you want to teach. For the source and more detailed information concerning your request, click on the related links section (u.s. Department of Labor) indicated directly below this answer section.

Add you answer