Hot Student Stories

What countries are proposed by the ucla study abroad program?

I’ve finished high school and I want to get into ucla. I’m asking everybody about their experience there and one person told me about the ucla study abroad program. He was able to visit some countries in Europe thanks to it. He was so happy about it that I’d love to register in that summer study abroad program too. But I don’t know if there are short courses or if I need to take a whole semester in one country. Scandinavia also attracts me and I’d like to study in sweden.

Brandon Scott

in Study Abroad

1 answer

1 answer

Jennifer Patterson on June 26, 2018

It is a good idea to look for information about all the universities and colleges that you may be interested in before finishing your secondary studies. It allows you to get a broader view of them and you will find reasons that will help you choose the one that fits you better.

Indeed, you can study abroad at UCLA with one of the study abroad programs designed for UCLA students to discover other cultures while completing their regular courses. Those programs offer you the opportunity to have an international experience that will be valuable for your personal growth and will be useful for your career because you will get a better idea about the current job market in the world.

The University of California Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) has a wide range of programs that provide education and also cultural activities and excursions. It is possible for students to take a program for a whole year, a full semester or only a quarter. However, there are short programs too and, yes, it is possible to go to study abroad in summer.

Apply as soon as you choose your program, to have priority in the courses that you want to take. Keep in mind that, regardless of the program you choose, you must stay until its final date. Quitting UCEAP means also quitting UCLA.

Although European countries are certainly a popular destination for UCLA students, the list of countries included in the UCEAP is very long, since there are host universities in every continent in the world.

In Africa and the Middle East, you can choose to study in Botswana, Egypt, Ghana, Israel, Jordan, Morocco, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania and Turkey. In the Americas, you can go with this program to Argentina, Barbados, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and Mexico. If you want to study in Asia or Oceania, you can go to Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Taiwan and Thailand.

Last, but not least, there is Europe. Yes, you can follow studies in Sweden, but also in countries like Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom (it can be England or Scotland). Likewise, international students enrolled in host universities can study at UCLA.

Applications to participate in UCEAP are available online. You can find the requirements on the UCLA website ( 

Charles McAlear2 years ago

That ucla program is so wonderful! Once that my neighbor’s son heard about it, he wanted to go on one of those educational trips. I don’t know if he registered to study in only one or in several countries but I remember that my neighbor received postcards from almost every country in Europe! His son travelled quite a lot at that time. I think that studying abroad in the summer is a good idea. It makes us see the world in a different way and we can learn foreign languages and talk to local people to learn about their culture. I just think that the summer is a time too short to get really close to a foreign culture. Maybe one or two semesters would be better to take our regular university courses calmly, learn a foreign language at our own pace and take longer trips to discover other countries. 

Add you answer