Hot Student Stories

What certificates or licenses do you need to be a dentist?

Jodi Brooks

in Higher Education

1 answer
1 view

1 answer

Nicholas Rivera on July 24, 2018

Response . \nyou have a bachelor's degree and a D. D. S. or D. M. D. degree (doctor of dental surgery or doctor of dental medicine). Now, if you want to specialize you have to go through a post-doctoral program (which lasts 2 to 6 years). These are the programs that you take after you have obtained your dental degree (however, keep in mind that these programs have limited positions available and are very competitive). However, only 17 of the 50 states require you to have a post-doctorate for the practice of a specialty, but not exclusively the practice of a specialized area of dentistry without post-doctoral training.

Add you answer