Hot Student Stories
top-5-grammar-and-spelling-checkers-to-rock-in-2019

Lara tossed a fair coin 3 times. What is the probability of getting heads in the first two trials? 1 over 8 2 over 8 3 over 8 4 over 8 I tried 4/8 and I had gotten it wrong!

William Cain

in Mathematics

follow
followin
1 answer
9 views

1 answer


Victoria Fowler on August 25, 2018

4/8 is equal to 1/2. Although this is true of a coin toss, there is a 50% chance that if you toss the coin two times. Throw the coin twice you have the options of: heads, tails, heads, tails (A head and a tail for a coin). Since there are four options, is a 25% chance that you will get heads two times in a row. 25% is equal to 1/4 which is equivalent to 2/8.


Add you answer