Hot Student Stories

If your husband files chapter 7 are you allowed to have money in your savings?

William Cain

in Student Loans

1 answer

1 answer

Whitney Matthews on April 4, 2018

There are things called exceptions, which are the same as if you can use the federal exemptions, but many states require applicants to use the state exemptions. Well that depends on what you status of the submission. If you have a separate account, with your name and SSN does not, it is not a problem, except in community property states. So, yes, if you live in some states, and maybe, if you live in other states. Check with a bankruptcy attorney in your state.

Add you answer