Hot Student Stories

If your College becomes a University can you change your diploma to say University instead of College?

Amanda Johnson

in Student Loans

1 answer

1 answer

Kathy Robinson on August 20, 2018

Depends on the College was converted to University before or after College, if the University name differs from the name of the University, and if renaming took place not less than ten years (for Example, in Maryland, Villa Julie College became Stevenson University in 2008). If you want, for example, a list education in a resume, and the name of the school changed after that, the graduate, one option is to put the original name of the school at the time of its completion, in brackets, "what is now known as [new/current school name]". Another way to do that is to put current school name and put in parentheses, "formerly known as [old name of school]".

Add you answer