Hot Student Stories

If you owe a personal loan from a loan company and i didn't pay it back can they take your income taxes?

Kristi Hammond

in Student Loans

1 answer
1 view

1 answer

Bethany Evans on May 12, 2018

Not unless it is a legal government debt. The Department of the Treasury Financial Management Service (FMS), in tax refunds from the IRS, has been authorized by Congress tothrough the Treasury offset Program. Through this program, your refund or overpayment may be reduced by FMS and offset to pay any child support, Federal agency non-tax debts, or state income tax obligations.

Add you answer