Hot Student Stories

I worked 2 months of the year Claiming Zero only grossed a total of 850.00. I will not owe money but won't get back much. Do i have to file?

Annie Barnes

in Student Loans

1 answer

1 answer

Whitney Matthews on May 20, 2019

If you have to file a tax return depends, in part, of their marital status, age, and gross income.. You should file a tax return if you had net earnings from self-employment of $400 or more. This is the total of your self-employment income less the expenses incurred in the operation of its trade or business, multiplied by 92.35%.. If you are a person who can be claimed as a dependent by another person's return, you are subject to certain filing requirements. Refer to the instructions in your tax package or refer to Publication 929, Tax Rules for Children and Dependents , or Publication 501, Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information, filing requirements for dependents.. You should file a tax return if you received any amount of advance earned income credit payments from your employer during the year, or if you owe any taxes, such as:. social security tax and the Medicare tax on tips or group life insurance, . the alternative minimum tax . tax on qualified retirement plans including an Individual Retirement Account, or other tax of the account . tax from recapture of an education credit, investment credit, low-income housing credit, a subsidized federal mortgage, qualified electric vehicle credit, or the native American employment credit. . Special filing requirements may apply to u.s. citizens residing in Puerto Rico or who have income of possessions. See Publication 570 for more information. The residents of Puerto Rico should select Topic 901.. Generally, you must file a tax return if you are a nonresident alien with income from sources in the united States. For more information on non-resident aliens, select Topic 851.. Even if you are not required to submit a tax declaration, submit a declaration whether he is entitled to a refund, because tax was withheld from all winnings ..... AND BECAUSE MANY, LOW INCOME PEOPLE HAVE MANY BENEFITS COMING. . Even if you do not have to file, you should file to get money back if Federal Income Tax was withheld from your pay, which if you are an employee happened or you qualify for any of the following: . � earned Income Credit. The eitc is a federal income tax credit for eligible low-income workers. The credit reduces the amount of tax an individual owes, and may be returned in the form of a refund.. � Additional child Tax Credit. This credit can be available to you if you have three or more qualifying children or if you have one or two qualifying children and income that exceeds $11,300. The Additional child Tax Credit may give you a refund but don't owe any tax.. � Tax Credit for Health Coverage. Limited to certain individuals who are receiving certain Trade Adjustment Assistance, Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance, or pension benefit payments from the Pension benefit Guaranty Corporation.

Add you answer