Hot Student Stories

I have always wanted to live and study in Australia. How do I complete a student visa application and pursue my career in the place of my dreams?

I have heard many great things about Australia and imagined myself happily living there while accumulating new skills in the great Australian institutions of higher learning. Do you have any idea how I can get an aus student visa? I guess I need to apply for study permit of some sort? Where should I start with the student visa application? If you have any information on how to apply student visa in Australia, I would greatly appreciate it.

Dana Keller

in Study Abroad

1 answer

1 answer

Kaitlin Dean on February 5, 2018

If you wish to live in Australia, then Australian visa for students is a great option you can use. By studying English Courses, Vocational Courses, and university courses you can apply for a student visa. By University courses I mean Bachelor’s Degree, Master and PhD programs. Applying for study permit has never been so flexible in Australia, with the introduction of the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement in 2011, student visa is now issued based on how genuine one’s intention to stay in Australia is, either temporarily because of study, or accompanying a student as a dependent or as a guardian. Decision-makers would consider factors such as applicant’s home country circumstances, applicant’s potential circumstances in Australia, applicant’s future value of his/her chosen course, his/her immigration history and any other relevant matters. The applicant may be asked to attend an interview in an Australian embassy or consulate to determine if he/she has attained GTE requirements. Other applicants may only be required to fill an application form.

The process of applying a student visa in Australia is not that complicated, you can just apply for your admission as soon as you decide on a course and a particular institution. The applicants can apply in two ways when applying for their course of choice. Firstly, as an applicant, you can do it directly through the education provider. Here, you just download the application form from the website of the education provider, and in case you are applying for courses in more than one institution, then you will be required to do a separate application to each of the institutions. Secondly, you can do the students visa application through an Australian agent. Australian institutions have partnership with a number of agents. If you want the details of the agents a particular institution works with, you can just view it in the institution website or by talking directly with them. And of course you will have to prepare a couple of supporting documents to accompany your application. This will vary depending on the course you are applying for, the education provider and the qualifications that you are applying to study for. The most vital documents include certificates verifying your previous study history and your current qualifications. They also need documented evidence showing how proficient you are in the English language as well as those that verify your previous study and/or work experience if you are seeking course credits. They must be all translated into English.

Charles McAleara year ago

I agree with your argument, Australia is such a great place to study. In fact I really loved it since I was allowed to enter Australia with my student visa 90 days even before my course begun. I had to inform my education provider of my resident address within seven days of my arrival into Australia. I took advantage of working while on my student visa to supplement my living costs and improve my skills in my area of study. I was allowed to work up to 40 hours a fortnight during my study period while on my Australian student visa. What generated a significant amount of cash for me was the full-time work program that I was allowed during my holidays. I could never encounter any work regulations as concerning my student visa by the way, I was just issued with the visa with automatic permission to work, only that I was allowed to work as soon as my course started.

Add you answer