Hot Student Stories

I have always dreamt of pursuing my medical career in the great US universities, the big question has been how to get a student visa for usa.

The question of how to get a student visa for usa has never before been so relevant as is now. I know that if I don’t engage myself in finding a United States schooling visa then my dream to pursue my career in one of the best facilities in the world that offer training in the field of healthcare will remain just a dream forever and it will never come true, I therefore need to seriously understand student visa conditions and most probably student visa extension checklist, I may want to continue my stay there as well little longer after my studies.

Dana Keller

in Study Abroad

1 answer

1 answer

Melissa Norris on February 8, 2018

In answer to how you can get a USA student visa, I will have to tell you that this process can take quite some time before you can have your visa, but it can however be an easy process surprisingly. But I’ll tell you for sure that the procedure is worth it. You must fulfill the required conditions for student visa for you to be accepted into the United States to study. First of all, you will need to apply for an admission to a college, English language school or a university and be accepted. The school will take an initiative to send you an I-20 form. in the case that you are an Exchange visitor then the United States’ agency which is responsible for sponsoring you will forward to you a DS-2019 form for the application of a J-1 visa. The U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization Service (USCIS) must authorize your application into the particular institution to enroll as a non-immigrant student. You must be keen to make sure that your passport name is exactly what it is in your application for you to be accepted into the school and that the exact names appear on the DS-2019 Form. It is critical to allocate sufficient time to the application process, applicant names have to go through security clearance. Some countries’ citizens and those students who will undertake certain subjects at the university must be subjected to additional screenings which can take more weeks to process.

To get a school visa, you’ll have to go to an interview appointment. Visas can be issued not more than 120 days after the date on your I-20. Information on how to prepare for this appointment can be found at for respective embassies. You are also required to pay a US$200 fee for computer system costs to cater for your stay in the United States (SEVIS), you need an internationally recognized credit card to pay this fee, you then have to print out your receipt and this must be done not less than 3 days to your interview date. Additionally, you need pay a visa application fee of US$160 in your country. The US currently requires online applications by filling the form DS-160, you can find this information at Make sure the photos you upload follow the format required or else take the photos with you during the interview if uploading fails. In the event that one wishes to extend their studying, then application must be done in accordance with the extension checklist for a student visa.

Kyle Mckinneya year ago

Great information, but one very important person to contact when you want to work part-time is your designated school official (DSO). Provided your academic standing is good and your student visa is valid, he/she can let you know the jobs that are available and that can fit you. And by the way, off-campus doesn’t usually work for the foreign students coming to study in the US in the course of your schooling visa, things can get a little tough for them. There are two kinds of programs for the students who would like to increase their experience in their field of study. There is the Optional Practical Training (OPT) and then the Curricular Practical Training (CPT), it is good to discuss with your DSO to just confirm your eligibility for these programs. There are job opportunities in the United States but I agree with you that one needs to follow the government rules and make sure to consult their DSO.

Add you answer