Hot Student Stories

Financial Aid for the Disabled and Their Families?

Eric Morgan

in Student Loans

1 answer
1 view

1 answer

Donald Ward on March 10, 2018

For detailed information, please contact the Financial Aid Office at the college or university of your choice. However, you should begin to apply for aid as soon as possible. The first thing that you should do is to apply for a financial aid personal identification number (PIN). If the student is a dependent person, then the parent or guardian must also apply for a PIN. This PIN allows the signature of the documentation in electronic form. You can apply for the PIN to go, . You will receive the PIN within two or three days by e-mail. Keep in a safe place; it is a number that is particular to only you, and keep it forever. Once you receive your PIN, go to . Here you can apply for financial aid. You do not have to be accepted in a school before you apply, you can do it now. To not ask for help by email using the FASA mail-in document. It will take much longer to receive a response. By using the online application, you should receive a response within two to three weeks as opposed to eight or nine weeks by mail. In the FASA site you will be able to get the appropriate instructions for the filling of the information. However, if you have questions, the site gives a toll-free telephone number of someone who will be able to help you through the process. Once you have selected a school, get a list of all the scholarships that the school offers. Print and highlight all in the house of schoalorship you even think that you may qualify for. Do not assume that you are not eligible. Let them tell you that you are not eligible for a particular scholarship. The support staff within the institution will go through your documentation and attempt to marry all of the scholarships that you may qualify for. When applying for scholarships remember this, the school will always run out of money before they run out of eligible candidates, so always apply early.

Add you answer