Hot Student Stories

Does the government offer grants for continuation school?

I know that the government offers grants to students who want to pursue a college education. However, in most cases, these are students who have just completed their high school education and they are unable to pay for college. I was wondering whether the government also offers grants for continuing education. I would like to take one of the Western continuing education courses but I cannot afford the tuition. A grant for continuation school would be of great help because it will make my dream of continuing my education come true and I will not be stressed about money.

Alexa Spicer

in Higher Education

1 answer

1 answer

Chelsea Hayes on March 12, 2018

Not everyone goes to college immediately after completing their high school education. There are a good number of students who are forced to get jobs as soon as they leave high school so that they can be able to get money for their basic needs. There are others who put college on hold because they are unsure about what to study once they get to college. As a result, a lot of people go to college in their adult years. One of the things these adults have in common with most the students who go to college immediately after college is the need for funding.

The federal government is very fair when it comes to awarding grants. They would like everyone to have an equal chance at getting an education. Therefore, they offer continuing education grants for adults. The only problem is that it is quite difficult to get these school continuation grants because there is a lot of competition for the grants. Luckily, today, it is very easy to know which grants you can take advantage of. This is possible through online research. There are websites that provide information about grants and how you can apply. If you follow the application procedure carefully, you should have no problem getting a grant. However, it is advisable to take advantage of other sources of financial aid to improve your chances of getting funding.

One of the financial aid options you can take advantage of is scholarships offered by schools. In your case, since you want to do continuing education at Western, you can find out whether the institution offers financial aid to needy students. Another option is to apply for scholarships offered by private institutions. There are plenty of organizations that offer financial aid to students who are in need of the money. With adequate research, you will be able to identify a few you can apply to.

Lastly, consider enrolling in a free program if you are unable to find a grant for the program you want to take. There are colleges and universities that offer free courses to students. You might not be able to access all the course's resources but the training is normally of great quality. In addition to this, they have amazing schedules. Since you will be studying online, you can choose which hours to study and where to study from. However, this will need you to develop great discipline.

Emily Alexander2 years ago

Getting grants for continuation school is difficult compared to getting a grant when you are straight out of college. This is because the federal government and the private institutions offering the financial aid have to analyze your income to decide whether or you really need the money. If you have a good income they are less likely to approve you for the grant even if you have a lot of financial obligations. This is because they rarely look into applicants' financial obligations. For this reason, my suggestion would be for you to take a free online course or consider paying for an affordable course. This way, you will not have to waste a lot of time looking for a grant or scholarship. However, if you decide to do this, make sure you do some research before applying to any school. This will ensure you apply to a good school that will give you the best training.

Add you answer