Hot Student Stories

Can you get into a 4-year college after continuation school?

I experienced a ton a year ago and am kind of still experiencing it, and I let it influence my school work. At any rate, I went down around 35-50 credits. So, I dropped out of school to pull myself together then go back and work my school work out. I’m planning to transfer to the continuation school and take the adult evening classes to redeem these credits and stuff. So, the problem is, if I do transfer and ace adult education for high school diploma, make up every one of these credits and graduate, can I still apply to a top-tier college? Is the adult learning program as effective as a regular high school?

Megan Page

in Higher Education

1 answer

1 answer

Ramon Kelly on February 14, 2018

I get your situation. Now and then conditions may force you to do things you would not like to. I also went to a continuationschool and graduated. While I was transferring, I asked my counselor a similar question, and she told me that I performed truly awfully in my sophomore and junior year and that it didn't make a difference where I moved on from. Some people even suspected that I had at long last bested on every one of the odds I had of getting into a renown college.  However, they were wrong.

The adult high school diploma is an optional secondary school recognition program.  As long as you are sixteen or older, you are eligible for registration for one of the programs for adult learning.  The program is very effective and was started to specifically help people like us, who, due to some circumstances, ended up with bad GPAs in high school, are required to go to class and are in danger of not graduating.

Many students in continuation schools are behind in high school credits, or others need a flexible schedule for juggling between work and class. This is why they offer a flexible schedule, and you can take the adult eveningclasses. Whatever your schedule, you will be required to spend at least 15 hours weekly in class, or 3 hours a day according to the law.

It isn’t hard to enroll in one. As long as you have the heart to put your education straight, you should find it hard to begin. You can take the courses you failed and are required for graduation and additionally finish the courses you hadn’t done before you dropped out.  Depending on the number of classes you take per session you may even finish all your high school curses within a very short time. You will also receive guiding and career counseling, which puts you in a better position since you go to campus with a clear career path.

Besides, you can even decide to take other programs offered in adult education programs like dancing, singing and the rest. A few schools even offer free examination, work arrangement administrations, and simultaneous enlistment in junior college.

After that, you will take the high school exit exams which will test your knowledge of mathematics, reading, and writing. If you ace in the adult education, you will be given the high school diploma. You can use it to apply to your favorite 4-year university choice if you pass so well.

Eric Bates2 years ago

You should converse with your own particular counselor about this decision. Many people may just want to get into a continuation school, so they finish school faster.  However, for such circumstances, I think a continuation school is a good choice.

Students who go to continuation secondary schools must spend no less than 15 hours for each week or three hours for every day at school. They take courses that are required for graduation. They likewise get direction and professional guiding. A few schools even offer free examination, work arrangement administrations, and simultaneous enlistment in junior college

Nobody truly minds when or where you got your High School diploma unless is a truly important university and you are a first-year recruit with normal or very low SAT's. In the event that you are planning to exchange from a Community College, nobody will even think about your H.S. Degree.

Add you answer