Hot Student Stories

Can unemployed mom get tax refund?

Samantha Barber

in Student Loans

1 answer
1 view

1 answer

Ramon Kelly on March 20, 2018

Unless you paid federal and state taxes you can get a refund. Many people make the mistake of thinking that they can file taxes just to get the earned income credit. They are wrong. It's called the earned income credit because they earned an income. So unless you worked at some time during the previous year, you may not get the earned income credit. And unless you paid taxes in, you have nothing to file or claim.

Add you answer