Hot Student Stories

Can the state take your income tax check?

Justin Parker

in Student Loans

1 answer
1 view

1 answer

Daniel King on May 7, 2018

Yes, this could be very possible. The Department of the Treasury Financial Management Service (FMS), in tax refunds from the IRS, has been authorized by the Congress to carry out the Treasury offset Program. Through this program, your refund or overpayment may be reduced by FMS and offset to pay any child support, Federal agency non-tax debts, or state income tax obligations. Go to the IRS gov web site and use the search box for Topic 203 - failure to Pay child support, Federal Non Tax and State Income Tax Obligations For additional information, FMS can be reached at 800-304-3107.

Add you answer