Hot Student Stories

Can Sallie Mae garnish your new husband's wages or taxes on two student loans that you cosigned with your ex-husband - which are now in default?

Deborah Edwards

in Student Loans

1 answer

1 answer

Carlton Burgess on November 27, 2018

I have 7 years of experience in default of student loans and you can not, definitely, the answer to this question. My professional opinion is that no, but I would suggest you call the Dept. Ed. in 1-800-4Fed-Aid. If they can't give a definitive answer, then contact the Dept. Ed. Ohmbudsman of the office. If you want your name off of the defaulted student loans, have your ex-husband consolidate the defaulted loans in your name. Then it will be off the hook. It is very difficult to get defaulted student loans consolidated through a new federal lender these days. A company that I'm sure you can help is Default Management Services, Inc. It is the cheapest that I have seen and give a 100% money back guarantee on their services. You can search on Google the name of the company to get the phone#. Ask for Doug.

Add you answer