Hot Student Stories

Can an 18-year-old be emancipated if her parents will not sign paperwork for college financial assistance in California?

Megan Page

in Student Loans

1 answer
1 view

1 answer

Rodney Fox on June 20, 2018

\n. \n Answer \n. \nAn 18 year-olds in California, is considered a legal adult and, therefore, their parents no longer retain custody over them.\n. \nNeither are the parent is liable to pay for the higher education of an adult child.\n. \nthe exception is, if a parent is obliged to do so in a child support order.

Add you answer